Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 10 white screen issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2005
US
Hello guys,

I have some Sun V440 boxes who's video, keyboard and mice are connected through a KVM. On all but one of the boxes I now get a white screen where the CDE login screen should be. I ssh into theses boxes and issue # ps -e | egrep Xsun and only get a return on the box that is not having a problem. Any one have any ideas on what could be going on ?

popasmuerf;

check you eeprom setting for input-device and output-device on the non-working system vs the working system.

Thanks

CA

Ok, tried that:

#eeprom > file1
#eeprom > file2

diff file1 file2

I recieved on output. Any other ideas ?

popasmuerf;

Not finding much on this.

1) I found a kernel patch for Solaris10 that delt with KVM but did not seem to be your issue.

2) found a forum where people had talked about the non-sun usb keyboards causeing issues when using kvm switches.

3) Sorry I can't give you anything beyond this.

Thanks

CA

Thank you much all the same.
I guess it is time to call Sun on that support we pay for.
Thanks again.

I am suprised you have installed solaris with USB keyb anywhay...

# shutdown -i0 -g0 -y

icl123;

1) just because he is using usb keyboard and mouse does not mean that he loaded it that way. There is an nvram setting for keyboard use

2)Also usb port is all these systems have so if he has keyboard and mouse hooked up he has to use usb.

3) what point are you trying to make and what does it really matter?

Thanks

CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back