Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 10 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorney

Technical User
Sep 15, 2003
CA
Hello, I received the new Solaris 10 in DVD and I realized that my 2 Netra T1120 has only CDROM, so I decided to download the 5 CDs from SUN, they are xxx.iso.zip so i used NERO to burned them, nothing work... I burned the first CD 2 times and still doesn't work..
How can I use the DVD in one of my WinXP computer and boot from network, Is it do-able? I read in the SUN forum that i need to have another server which is running on the same OS level.

Any Ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks...

You could download the Windows 2003 resource kit and install(works on XP), unzip your isos and then use the command line cdburn utility to burn your iso.

What happens when you boot from the CD?

ok boot cdrom
ok boo cdrom -s

Do you have any other CD's laying around? I would try and boot -s off one of them, test to see if its the drive or the CD. I have had problems with my drive

you can try a PROBE-SCSI-ALL from the OK. See if there are any problems with the drive.

I tried it on both of my servers and got the same result.

I did ran probe-scsi and both of them work fine since I re-installed Solaris 9 with them. So my problem is most likely my CDs (Solaris 10) that I've burned, would be just nice if i could install solaris 10 from network... If not i'll have to look for a DVD-ROM SCSI on ebay :)...

You can set up a jumpstart server. check out Sun Blue Prints Jumpstart or the Solaris 10 documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back