Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 10 CD/DVD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

COTLG

Technical User
Apr 15, 2003
US
Hi,

Please how or where do I get Solaris 10 (for x86) cds or dvds that are already burned and working. I have downloaded and burnt but it's not installing on vmware (I'm not sure where the problem is from though I believe it should be from the burning)?

Thanks.

You can purchase the media from Sun, or if your service contract allows you to receive media you can get it free of charge. I believe that is only platinum contract though. My company has gold and silver contracts and Sun told me the contract doesn't let Sun ship me the OS media, and I would have to download it.

Or you can buy a new server, like a V210, and they will send the media with it.

hi

go to
select downloads - solaris10
select solaris 10 1/06
scroll down select get download/media

you'll see a button at top right to bu media , yes you can donload files free or pay about $15 for SUN to send you the CD's

how does that help you? you said you already burned it, so downloading again helps you how?

Hi kHZ,

I bought the media. I did not know there was an option top-right at the download page through which you could buy the media, and that's exactly what I needed.

Thanks.

Can someone direct link me to the purchase option for 15$?

I'm in the process of trying to upgrade my Ultra 5 box with Solaris 10. I downloaded it from Sun but I'm running into major problems trying to create an bootable image cd from Windows that will load on Solaris.

I've wasted several cds already so purchasing might be my best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back