Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solaris 10 & NFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2008
US

I am running a NFS server on solaris 10

Server:
/etc/dfs/dfstab

share -F nfs -o rw,root=172.16.50.1:172.16.50.2 /shared

THe folder permissions are set to

drwxrwxrwx root root /shared

On the client (solaris 10) side I am mounting with the following command...

mount -F nfs 172.16.50.5:/shared /global/shared

I originally had the problem that I could not even create a file. I changed nothing but unmounted; stopped & started nfs server;
and then once again remounted share. It would now allow me to create a file ... but with wrong attributes. It has given it the owner nobody and group of nobody. Has anyone experienced this? From what I have read since I have shared the
the folder with the root= it should be created with owner:group of root:root.

Hmm... I'm baffled... I'm sure you *used* to be able to do this in earlier versions of Solaris, but I've just been trying to mount a filesystem locally and couldn't get it to behave any other way. The share command accepts the root= option as per your example, but there doesn't appear to be any mount option for it... and no way to verify that it has really take effect. I'm sure we're missing something here...

Aaaaaah... actually, think I just stumbled on it. Try host name instead of IP address!

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back