Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SOHO Phone System Recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdesousa

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
I own a small business and am seeking a SOHO phone solution for our office. I am looking for something that has an vmail option and distictive ring switching.

I have found the Voice Logic Pro 206 on Ebay for $99 which is a great deal, but I have read some negative things including various problems and the fact that they are out of business.

The other product is the Concerto (which I have not been able to find anything online, I read about the product 2 years ago).

Any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance,

-C

I looked at replacing my home office configuration with a SOHO system and decided to stay with PSTN voice mail service. I use a multiple mailbox service with Verizon and a distinctive-ring-detecting Brother fax fachine.

When a fax comes in on its own phone number, my fax machine will answer it after two rings based on the ring pattern. It ignores calls to my voice number (the normal solid ring tone) which after four rings go to Verizon voice mail.

In my Verizon voice mail, the caller is given a menu to
1. Leave a message 2. Press one to go to my urgent mailbox, which will page me. 3. Press 2 to get mailing address or email contact information.

If I ever need a more flexible menu and attendant system than what Verizon offers, I may look into some non-telco service that I know of who provide web based message access, message broadcasts and fax forwarding. At that point I would re-evaluate ahainst the cost of a robust SOHO system.

So far, I have not seen a SOHO system that does this as effectively and affordably, even if I were to dedicate a PC entirely to the system. Robert Harris
Communications Advantage

cdesousa - I have been using a VP206 for over 6 months now with no problems. If you get the current software version (2.021) I would not expect you to have any problems. I am upgrading to a VP412 within the next 2 weeks and am convinced that you cannot find a comparable system at the prices of the "VP series".

check out fax pro message center. pc based program that should solve your problem for about $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back