Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SOHO 6 - Cannot Ping Trusted Network from outside 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattSavage

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2003
US
I am trying to sonnect to a server behind the SOHO 6 but I cannot seem to access it. On the SOHO, I have set up a trusted network with IP of 192.168.111.1 subnet 192.168.111.192. The external network is manually configured with a LAN address of 192.168.10.5 subnet 255.255.255.0 with gateway and DNS configures according to my LAN. In front of the SOHO is a 3Com firewall, and on that I have enabled a static route to 192.168.111.0 subnet 255.255.255.192 and gateway 192.168.10.5.

On the Incoming policies for the SOHO I am allowing Ping on Host 192.168.111.29. However, whenever I try to ping this address from my LAN, there is no reply.

I plan on using the server behind the SOHO as an FTP server, but right now it cannot be reached. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

You need a rule on the 3Com to send all inbound traffic to the external address of the SOHO. Otherwise, the 3Com will be filtering out traffic before it ever reaches the Firebox.

You shouldn't need a static route as the external addresses of the two devices are on the same network.

I have the above scenario working fine in two different offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back