Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software update problem with SW 4400

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsonchan

MIS
Jan 25, 2002
HK
i tried to update the software v6.1 to my two 4400 switches which are stacked together. it seems the unit one is completed the upgrade process and the Power-test LED became solid. However i found that the Power-test LED on my second unit is still flashing for more than few hours up to this moment.

What should i do now? i think i shouldn't turn off the switch.... but If there any way i can force complete the update.

Thanks

Firstly, are you sure both units are just 4400 units? If one is a 4400 SE then you require a different version for the 4400SE, mainly 6.11...

Also, what happens if you disconnect them from each other, and upgrade individually? Once yuo have 6.1 on both units, there shouldn't be a problem.

There is another way to upgrade apart from using the TFTP server, you can try the Software Update Utility available from 3com's website, use that and a null modem cable used for console access to update the unit you are having problems upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back