Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

software to monitor multiple pcs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

remcovanuitert

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
BE
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is software out there that we can use to monitor multiple pcs at once? We need this to monitor all (16) pcs in a classroom, so it would be ideal if we could split up the screen of the 17th pc so that you can see what each student is doing.

Thanks in advance for your replies,
Remco

Dameware would do what your after or any other remote access software like VNC.

Regards,
Iain

I think rem. is wanting to see all 16 displays on one screen at the same time like with a security system video monitor. I tried it with VNC but when I resize the vnc screen I cant see the whole screen on the computer I am monitoring. With vnc you can have all 16 sessions running on your task bar and then click on the one you want to see. But I too, would like to find a way to reduce these down and still maintain a full screen view. I couldn't find anything on the dameware site that indicated it could do this.

Ahh...... hmm..... No DW doesnt do that... ALt -Tab?

Dunno on that one!

Search in google "Altiris Vision". This software is renamed already and this is primarily designed for classrom instruction and remote monitoring. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back