Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

software that supports a polaroid cdrw and other help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStove

Technical User
Sep 8, 2005
GB
i just got a polaroid cdrw and installed it on my computer. my computer being a big pile does exceed the requirments of the drive and the software. however when i put a cd into the cdrw drive it reads the cd but once i eject it my computer freezes. and also when i run the cd maker software that came with, which is NTI CD-Maker, and go to make a cd and put the blank in the cdrw drive the drive starts reading what is in the drive and the program and my computer freezes.

i would like any info on troubleshooting anybody has and the names of any software that support a polaroid cdrw, because the software that came with it has a read me that does not name my cdrw as one that is supported by the software.

This thread may offer some help or places to look:

thread750-239088 "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

If you read the documentation that came with the drive (I have one of these), you will see that, while they send NTI with the drive, they recommend Easy CD Creator or Nero 5.x. I thought that was somewhat amusing. I personally would recommend Nero 5.5 or above. It should do the job nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back