Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

software restriction Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcyryl

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2006
GB
I am looking to apply a software restriction policy through a gpo and link it to all the workstations on the domain. I have done this and applied it and a test workstation is picking up the gpo......except for a couple of settings i have chosen such as:

enforcement properties- apply software restrictions to all users except local admins

Security level is set to disallowed - software will not run.

These settings are not applied, when i run rsop.msc on the target machine i see the path rules i have set up being applied but not these two settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

From the Help file:
Cause: Software restriction policies are not being applied.

Solution: Create and check the log file.

You can create a log file to review software restriction policies by editing the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Safer\CodeIdentifiers

Add the new string value LogFileName and add a path and file name for the log file, in the following format:

volume:\path\filename.extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back