Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Inventory control

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite1

MIS
Apr 24, 2008
US
Hello,

I am trying to find some freeware that will basically give me the option to track all software for about 100 users or so. I guess I could run a script or batch but I am not skilled in doing this. I believe that I can get a better handle on this companies licenses, if I can accomplish this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Another option is PSINFO - part of the pstools suite which is free from Microsoft. Just google pstools.

This utility also shows which hotfixes and patches are installed which can be useful.

[small]have you turned it off and on again?[/small]

I am also tracking software installed throughout my company. I use Open Audit currently, but my question is a little bit different. I want the ability to see who is actually using the software. I.E. i have 350 computers on my network that have Microsfot office pro 2003 installed, though my company only has 300 licenses. I want the ability to see who is using the microsoft access part of this product to determine if i can switch the users to Microsoft office Standard. Does anyone know of any freeware that has this capability?
I want to see Microsoft access ... last used 1-1-07
then i can make an arguement that this user no longer needs Pro and would be able to work fine with standard edition, rather then buy more licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back