Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Installation GPO Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurn3r

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2005
GB
Hi,
I'm trying to install Project 2003 via a software installation GPO (Computer). I have created an MST file to accompany the MSI and license the software. The policies that I have applied this to are picking up the changes, but on the domain controller, I get the following error message:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Software Installation
Event Category: None
Event ID: 119
Date: 21/09/2005
Time: 11:34:01
User: N/A
Computer: ECR2003
Description:
Software Installation encountered an unexpected error while reading from the MSI file \\ecr2003\ris\Project Pro\PRJPRO.MSI. The error was not serious enough to justify halting the operation. The following error was encountered: The operation completed successfully.

I'm certain it's not permission related on the network share (all users have full access after exhausting possible causes for the error), and I already know from the policy modelling wizard and event log that the policy is being applied. Only other thing is that, although the error says it was not serious enough to halt the installation, the install does not take place. Can anyone advise on the cause of this, or how to work round it?
Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back