Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

software install

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyck

Technical User
Mar 10, 2004
GB
I have been requested to install an ancient version of java on one of our 5.2 servers, this I did and was able to do so after removing the newer existing version, is there any way round this?

Once the version of Java had been installed i ran oslevel -r and the output came back as 5200-05, before the install I was running at 5200-08. So when I install this older version of Java on another 5.2 server how can I keep it running 5200-08?

you can find out what filesets are required for ML8 by issuing either :

oslevel -rl 5200-08
or
lppchk -m3 -v

this should give you a starting point

cheers
Benno

...it really does get worse than this !!

I think what happen is normal as you are running a java version which is old! That's what the updates normally does (upgrading the old software) So as long as you run this version, the oslevel will show 5200-05

I haven't tried the rpm as what Gloups said so this might solve the issue!

and to add to Benno commands i like this one:

instfix -i | grep ML

Regards,
Khalid

cheers for all the responses!

I will try and get the users to use the latest version of Java instead of one from the stone age!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back