Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software graphics/icons - where to find? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cian

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
Strange(ish) request.

I'm looking for icons/graphics I can include as part of a PHP appication I am working on. I have some but when compared to professional scripts out there my ones look crap.
Btw, my ones are taken from free icon sites on the web.

Anyone know where these professional/open source applications such as bulletin boards, CMS apps etc get their icons? Do they create the all or is there a main source in the "open source community" who can provide these?

Any ideas?

<!--#sig value=''É'' url='' -->

I've used MicroAngelo in the past.

You can download a trial version from here:

Its 40 bills after that though.

I stopped using it after my trial ran out. Good thing for me I didn't really need it past that time, but I found it to be a very good tool.

- VB Rookie

I would recomend try using a program called 'Icon Edit' its freeware from most places, although its very basic and simple i find it the best tool out there for making icons.

I'm a multimedia developer @ a software company and use this all the time, i've just made over 100 icons with it recently - its a must look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back