Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Delivery Dialog_m spikes to 100% every 6 secs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkwoof

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2000
GB
Howdy,
I manage a mid-size Unicenter network, roughly 1800 clients, and have experienced several disturbing problems. I have contacted support on this issue but as you probably know from talking to ca Support it is like dealing with a bunch of mindless drones. Anyway my problem is as follows I have sdo 2.0.1 and it is installed on an NT Server as a local server. from there jobs are supposed to "fan out" to any or all of 30 staging servers throughout the network. I know staging servers are normally for Netware installations however, all of our remote sites are connected to the main IT Hq using 56k Frame relay connections. Not exactly a speedy connection. anyway, the problem is that after I sent a job (a simple licensing job) to 500 or so clients the SDO local server crashed and all of the staging servers are being impacted by Dialog_M (Yes I know there is a patch for this!) The cpu of the remote servers spike every 6 seconds to 100% then 0% rendering the server useless for anything other than Dialog_M. I have applied the patch to both the staging servers and the local server, and have removed the job from the local servers job list. Dialog_M still spikes. I eventually had to shut SDO down on all of the servers and that is how it will stay until I can locate a fix for this. SO, anyone have any ideas? I would greatly Appreciate any help. (Just don't tell me to apply the related patch. I have several times it does not work for us)
Thanks
Frustrated Unicenter Admin

tkwoof,

You mentioned you are doing license updates. What other types things do you push to your remote systems? Is this a mixed environment or Windows only. I may have the answer to your problems.

mnakamura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back