Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Configuration Management 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pivan

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2001
US
Help!!!

After several years of avoiding this topic, I am finding need to understand it...I mean really understand it.

Can anyone in this learned body recommend a good book on SCM or a resource to understand and implement it?

The book "Software Configuration Management" by H. Ronald Berlack, is anyone familiar with this book?

There should be something more complete then Rational Clear Cases view of SCM. Is there a resource that has information on defining, implementing, audting, managing and controlling SCM. Both from a technical and business(managment perspective).

I have always felt SCM was the most incredably boring part of software development, now after a revalation at 2:00 AM today, I want to see if it may be the heart and soul of this business.

Thanks,
pivan If not now, when?
If not here, where?
If not us, who?

Just do it!!

Man! You are missing out. The best SCM systems can so automate the release process so as to greatly simplify the release process.

Here is a link to a recent article from one of my favorite trade journals...

There is a boatload of information on the web besides the many books available. You might even find a tutorial.

Try this:

Looking for SAP tutorial and possibly time-capped demo on Project Systems Module. Anyone know where this can be located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back