Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SoftPhone problems on Cisco VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

RW111

Programmer
Feb 28, 2004
GB
I have no speech path when logging onto IP Office from Softphone at remote location. Connection method is via Cisco client VPN software to Cisco Pix506 vpn/router. Call is established via TCP port 1720, but suspect that two random dynamic ports that are used out of range 49000 - 53500 are being blocked by the Csico firewall, preventing H323 packets through. Each VOIP call will use any UDP ports randomly

1. Can anyone recomend a UDP port tracer that shows which ports are open that works ( preferabley free )

2. When connecting via VPN software on the Cisco Pix506, is the firewall active for VPN traffic.

3. Can anyone provide any advice, if they have got this working, on Cisco or any other VPN s/w

IPOffice is 21.(15)
SoftPhone 2.1 (7)

Thanks in advance

On the PIX you have to turn off h.323 cleanup, and a couple other settings need to be tweaked as well I believe. Don't have it in front of me, but do a keyword search on this forum for "PIX" and you should find it.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back