Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone over 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

daras

Technical User
May 20, 2008
GR
Hi,

I want to configure a few android phones with an app to be able to perform calls as i was in my local office.

I ve 3rd party SIP endpoint licence and a Mikrotik router with a PPTP VPN server running.

My IP Ooffice is an Ipo 500 version 5.0.26.

What will i need to perform SIP calls through 4g or Wifi when i reside on my Lan ?

E
Considering all your questions seems to be on the same system it might be time to get a Business Partner as it seems like you're an end customer.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Ηι,

Thanks for your answer.

Most of the configuration on the system i've done it by myself because i work in a company with 5 persons.
At this moment we cannot afford the money for a business partner thats why i want to do it by myself.

I ve done it on 3CX PBX but i cannot do it on IP Office, a little bit of help will be much appreciated

Thanks

You could start by creating a SIP extension, a user and trying to connect, if it doesn't work do Monitor traces and see what happens.
You're more likely to get an answer if you post what you've done and what isn't working, preferable with a trace.

If all customers would starting asking for solutions here we might as well quit our jobs and start doing something else.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Do NOT put the IPO on the internet and connect with a SIP softphone like this!!!
Use a SBC and the Avaya One-X mobile app otherwise you will be hacked very soon.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks both for your help.

I ve already created a SIP extension in IP Office, ive put the details in Zoiper softphone.

I am using a VPN client that android already has and i am able to register my phone in IP Office from my Home Wifi.

I cannot do it from a public Wifi or 4G networks.

I know that the more safe solution is to use SBC and Avaya One-X mobile app but i cannot afford this cost at least not yet.

Why it isn't safe to make it work through VPN ?

If you can't afford the SBC then stop the whole thing.

Caus your next bill from your provider is gonna be a whole lot more then the cost of a SBC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back