Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone on tablet - non windows OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcopolio101

Vendor
Jul 29, 2011
DE
Hi all,

has anybody used Softphone on a tablet that uses Android, HP OS or iPad?

To my knowledge, softphone is only supported on Windows.

cheers.

you can try 3cx phone - its a SIP based softphone.
works a treat.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Interesting. I assume I am looking at this: ? Simple to d/l and configure?

Has raised questions about USB headsets etc but those will be looked at it due course!

I think I might try and advise the client that iPads, while trendy, aren't really ideal for small outbound call centre.....!

:)

Callcenters should never use softphones!
Give them a hardphone with a headset (Plantronics with APV cable)
This is IMHO the best way.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I know that, you know that.....

Client has too many users for desk space and he can free up space using non-traditional methods.

I am also curious as to working via tablet anyway, due to the uptick in people using them and the lack of a proper softphone or OneX mobile for the newer OS's. That 3CX Voip d/l looks interesting and is something we should test.

Working for a small reseller, within the UK SME market, dealing with these odd requests can be fun!

The Avaya sip softphone can be used.
Then you only need a small laptop and a SUB headset.

BAZINGA!

Will demo to them on netbook with headset first but if I can show iPad too, why not?

likelihood is that they will go with what works - I can strongly advise, based on their process, but I have to respect the clients wishes and business plan.

I think a 3th party sip endpoint is more expensive then a teleworker license.
But a table can be a bit cheaper then a netbook :)

BAZINGA!

> within the UK SME market, dealing with these odd requests can be fun!

Funny, Im in the UK SME market - and every call centre uses hardphones. just dont take any nonsense and put the fear of god into them for doing it the wrong way!

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

not to mention, is a 3rd party bit of kit and software you have to support and it will cause you PAIN!

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Very true monkey. But then, that's supports job to deal!! ;)

Support will hate me!

hows your experience of the 3cx download? i assume S3rd party endpoints needed for each device? Looks like a solid workaround for the lack of android support.

Also looking at zeacom - any comments / experiences?

All help is very much appreciated.

I use 3CX SIP softphone for years and it works great but if deskspace is a problem for them then wallmount the phone in their little rabbit cages so they have room on the desk for the keyboard and the mouse and that should do.
ipad for a callcentre? they must have lots of money if they would do that, for half the price you get a PC that has better processor power and makes your life easier.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

3CX has a problem when running it in the backgound.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

zeacom looks great - but a bit pricey for a small call centre. better off with chronicall and some creative programming.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back