Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone Connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxy03

Technical User
Jun 27, 2005
GB
I have issue where users are connected to a softphone via VPN connection but if for any reason the VPN connection drops or user disconnect without exiting there softphone they are then unable to reconnect to their stations as it remains in-service and doesn't appear to timeout after any period of time. Only way I can rectify this is to busy & release the station or to login to the station number from another computer. If you try and login from the computer that phone was on before the application just gives a Loin Error.

If I status the phone is remain in-services the only noticeable change I observer is that page 6 the Native Nat Address changes form not applicable to the VPN address of user VPN connection, user can login with a different station number but this dons't do anything to release the station that was originally logged in for that user.

I've had this too and always just assumed since the session terminated abnormally, the station isn't released from the softphone like it normally would and a busy/release or just a timeout would be needed. I'd love to find out that I'm wrong though.

CM should be reporting the IP address you use for your VPN IP pool. Is this not the case? Sounds like a configuration issue on your VPN firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back