Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone 5.2 on G3 v11 question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjoetech

Technical User
Sep 12, 2007
US
Hello,

i'm trying to get a release 5.2 softphone working on a G3csiV11. I would like to use the option "control of Avaya Telephone (via the server)". I was hoping that the 2420 would still work in conjuction with the softphone, but when I try to connect a message says I need to upgrade the call server. The user said it used to work. I CAN use option roadwarrier, but then the 2420 dies. Can someone tell me how this might have "worked before"? The only other thing I can think of was perhaps an earlier release of softphone?? Any help will do. Thanks very much!

Joe

I think you have the answer to your question. The version could be sooner then 5.2. Also try checking for the updates at Avaya's wep site for your version of IPSoftphone. V11 should be able to work with it. Just check the settings and I wouldn't use roadwarrior either.

Thanks. I think I have a version 4.?? on my server. I will install this and try it again. I do have the latest 5.2 currently that I was trying unsuccessfully.

Do 'display capacity'. On the next to last page it will show you what the switch is authorized for.

Kevin

I don't understand what you mean by this? I did the disp cap and it looks like this:

CURRENT SYSTEM INFORMATION

Software Load: R011i.02.0.110.4
Memory Configuration: G3csiV11
Offer Category: A

LAST TRANSLATION LOADED INFORMATION

Software Load: R011i.02.0.110.4
Memory Configuration: G3csi(compact)
Offer Category: A

Does this let you know if I can control a hardphone from the login screen on softphone?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Whoops.. My bad.. Here is the second from last page. THANKS!

CURRENT REGISTRATION COUNTS BY PRODUCT ID

System System
ID Rel Regist. Avail. Limit ID Rel Regist. Avail. Limit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP_Agent 2 : 0 20 20 :
IP_Phone : 5 20 25 :
IP_ROMax : 0 900 900 :
IP_Soft : 0 5 5 :
IP_Soft 3 : 0 20 20 :
: :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back