Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Soft Velocity ODBC Driver - No tables in list when connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

emaduddeen

Programmer
Mar 22, 2007
US
Hi Everyone,

I am now using the Soft Velocity ODBC driver and noticed that tables are note showing up as avaible table only when I set the table owner and encrypt properties in my clarion app. I can see the tables if I leave these properties alone but we really need to password protect and encrypt the tables. Is there a work around to this?

I also noticed that entering the table owner when setting up the file dsn from the ODBC program using the Soft Velocity ODBC driver in control pannel that I can type in the table owner and it shows up with dots which I expected but when I look at the properties for the file dsn that entry field is blank. It seems that the file owner (password) is not being saved when the file dsn is set up. Looks like a possible bug here.

Thanks.
Emad

Hi Emad,

Have not tried accessing Encrypted Tables but have you tried to edit the DSN using NotePad and trying? Maybe the DSN Setup does not save passwords but only uses it to test the connection.

Regards

Hi ShankarJ,

Thanks for the reply.

The dsn file has this in it:

Code:
[ODBC]
DRIVER=SoftVelocity Topspeed driver (*.tps)
UlongAsDate=N
NoDot=N
NullEmptyStr=N
Oem=N
Extension=tps
DBQ=C:\Development\Clarion\Point Of Sale\

It looks like it does not save the password but having a password here would not be safe anyway.

Do you think it is a SoftVelocity bug?

Truly,
Emad-ud-deen

Hi Emad,

I think you should post it in the PTSS. I just tried it as a File/System DSN and both refused to work.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back