Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Soft deletions not showing all deleted documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonCooper

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2001
GB
HELP !

Most of our clients, Notes 5.06 / 5.08, have soft deletions enabled, set to 336hrs and a 'contains deleted documents' view called 'Recycle Bin'.

For some very strange reason recycle bins are being cleared down much earlier than every 336hrs. Take for instance yesterday, my recycle bin had nothing dated before 12/12/03 !! and I'm always receiving and deleting messages.

I've looked on notes net and searched this forum but haven't found anything definite. I have found hints that database compacts can clear the recycle bin.

Can anybody give me any ideas as to what might be happening ?

Many thanks in advance.

I've been working in Notes for eight years, I've never heard of compact removing soft deletions.

Soft deletions only reside in the db where the document was deleted. Also, soft deletions do not replicate. Is it possible that the documents were deleted in a different replica from the one you are looking at?

Another possibility is that the version of Notes you are using has a soft deletion bug that was fixed in a later version. I highly recommend upgrading to 5.0.12 or 6.0, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back