Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Socket Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyyeung

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2003
HK
Hi,

I am using Silverstream 3.75 with Verisign SSL 128-bit. The start up parameters are +classic +ms256M +mx512M -nodbcheck.
After the server is started up, from time to time, it prompts error messages in the console.

Socket Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream.

Socket Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer:socket write error

The server run for one day with these errors and then the server crash with java.lang.OutOfMemory error. Any idea how I can fix this problem?

Thanks,
Gary

Hi,

Firstly, are you sure your startup parameters are correct? We use +Xms and +Xmx instead of your +ms and +mx.

Secondly, the Socket Exception you have, Silverstream claimed to me that they are 'normal' and they shouldn't affect the server. They also said they have a patch to remove those system.out message. However, we didn't succeed to remove them and they didn't follow up. So we ultimately get used to and still have them.

Regarding, the java.lang.OutOfMemory error, it is more related to the way you program your pages. If your parameters are correct and not a typo, you should be able to get rid of it when enough memory is allocated and if there is not a memory leak inside your code.

Best regards
Albert

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your information.

Do you have any suggestion on the tools for checking where do this "Out of Memory" issue appear?

Thanks,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back