Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

socket error from servlet - errno: 68

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemichael

Programmer
Jun 22, 2003
GB
I am running a Java module that is a client that connects to port 1111 on the local host ip address 127.0.0.1, when run on the command line on AIX 4.3.3 this works fine. When I then call this module from within a servlet in WAS 5.0 I get the following error:

java.net.SocketException: errno: 68, error: The socket name is not available on this system. for fd: 236

The failure occurs on the constructor for the socket which is passed the ip and port. Does anyone know why this would happen inside WAS but not externally? Does anyone know where I can find the description of this error within AIX documentation? I have looked in the HTML documentation for AIX 5 but can't see this exact error message and number listed anywhere. Help

bluemichael

I was wondering what the message turned out to be? I'm running AIX 4.3.3 with Apache/mod_perl/PHP conf. and have encountered the same error.

thanks in advance!

teodell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back