Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

soap request

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinger2121

Programmer
Sep 11, 2007
US
Hello,
I have an application that submits a soap request to a web service. this application uses the XMLHTTPRequest and DOMDocument classes to communicate with the web service. I am currently using Visual Studio 2008 and trying to replicate the functionality of the application.
Should I continue to use these classes, or are there update classes that should be used instead.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

I'm not sure if I understand your question.... Sounds like you are saying that you've been using js to post to the web-services but now you would like to do something in code-behind? Is this correct? If so, just add a web-reference to your project. Visual Studio will generate a proxy to the service and you can make all your calls to the web service as if it were a native object. Let me know if you need additional help or if I misunderstood the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back