Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SOAP error!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb224

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
US
i have a web service that works fine when you test it (the web methods that is) from a browser.

we have a vendor windows c#.net app that connects to this web service and connects fine to this web service also for most of our clients.

recently however one of our clients run into a problem with the windows c#.net app connecting to the web service. i had them test independent of the app .. by testing (invoking) the web methods in the IE browser. it works fine.

however from the windows c#.net app it fails. i had them uninstall the .net framework 1.1 v4322 and reinstall from scratch, together with the app ... but that did not help.

the web method fails with a soap error (an unhandled exception occured in your application ...) and when you click continue it fails ........

They have tried it on 3 workstations .. same problem .. some XP, 2000 machines. This appears to be an isolated case ... has anyone run into this probem.

any help will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back