Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

So random - Slow SSL upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmoat

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
Hi there

I have a very odd problem which has left me scratching my head.

I have a user that uses Outlook Anywhere and also Outlook Web Access (OWA).

PROBLEM

Uploading documents to OWA, or sending email attchments through Outlook Anywhere take ages - it literally is running at a crawl.

Now, I know that you may thing its something very obvious but this is the strange bits:

- Exchange environment is working fine for all other users
- Exchange environment is fine for this user on other machine
- Machine on same wireless/wired network uploads the file in seconds
- Occurs regardless of wired or wireless connection

Strangest part:

-ONLY OCCURS ON SSL ENCRYPTED UPLOADS!

The upload speeds to anything non SSL are absolutley fine. For example, upload an attachment to Hotmail and it flys up - but its technically not SSL.

I cannot reiterate this enough - on the same network, on a different machine, with the same user account it works fine so it is definately machine specific.

Can anyone offer any light on this as its driving me mad!!!!

Huge thanks for reading!

A system restore cured the problem but after a week it came back.

Turned out it was being caused by the Vodafone Mobile Connect! Removing this caused the issue to cease and reinstalling re-introduced.

He was using an old version of the USB 3g keys so we will be updating the software to see if this sorts the issue.

Thanks for assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back