Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

So many object libraries to know, so little time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadn

Programmer
Oct 28, 2005
US
Hi,
I'm trying to write an application that needs to tell MS Access to run a Subroutine. I'm performing queries through ADODB, but it seems the only way to invoke a Subroutine is by using ADO "Microsoft Access x.x Object Library" (please tell me I'm wrong!).

My program is supposed to run on several different Windows machines where "x.x" differs from one to the next. So, the problem is that the application gets compiled, but then can't find an expected class on a different machine. Is it possible to make sure one specific object library gets installed/registerd when my App. is installed? Is it reasonable to make my app smart enough to adapt to whatever x.x it finds?

ANY advice/insight is appreciated!
Cheers.

Hi (again),
Co-worker showed me how to call Functions from a Query. Don't need MS Access app. automation to run a Query!

Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back