Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

so i want to learn sql...(or mysql)...is that possible using IIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spewn

Programmer
May 7, 2001

i finally installed perl to run on my box, and now i need to learn the ins and outs of sql databasing...is that possible using the IIS?

- g

do i need to use php? i am more familiar with perl. is that an issue for mysql?

- g

although my perl is more then rusty, I have "not" yet not been able to figure out a way with any web development language I have used (which is more then a few) to access MySQL

there is many ways to get access paths to jsut about any DB you choose to use.

check here

[sup] [/sub]

onpnt, I assume there is a C interface to MySql yes?

If so then in theory you could write your own bridge yes? You could do a COM control to use from ASP. You could do a JNI DLL to go from Java and therefore Tomcat and therefore Apache. Also from a DLL you can do Perl and PHP and of course you could just write a plain old CGI application which I believe is supported by all web servers.

Now… having just read what I typed it is somewhat hard to believe that people have not already done it if it is possible. [bugeyed]

-pete
[sub]I just can't seem to get back my IntelliSense[/sub]

Not sure about perl but PHP or ASP to MySQL are no problem

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back