Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

So I migrated a DTS to SSIS - where did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymm

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
Hey folks

I had a number of DTS projects that are still running fine on SQL 2005 and I thought it was time to migrate a few of them over to SSIS and see what I am up against.

I migrated each on on the server and can see them in management studio under the SSIS server, but how do I actually find these migrated files to open / edit them in Studio (or do you do it elsewhere)? New SSIS packages are cake --- but I am stuck on where these migrated things actually went so that I can edit them...

maybe it is just the friday afternoon "I WANT OUT OF HERE" blues, but in any case - your help is appreciated

You have to connect to the SSIS server not the SQL Server. In the Management Studio in the registered servers window, change from SQL to SSIS (The blue and white icon on the right) and connect to the SSIS package.

To edit the package you have to export the package and add it to an SSIS project. You can then edit it and reupload when you are ready.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

What we've done is exported it as a .dstx file (use File System in the Export) on our local drive, created the project in BIDS & Visual SourceSafe, then added the .dstx file to the project.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back