Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNR, Remote Destination voice mail profile - User Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pir8Radio

Technical User
Jul 31, 2004
US
new to 9.0.X they now have an astrisks like feature for the remote destination that requires the remotely answered phone to press 1 to accept the call. To keep from laning on the remote voice mail system.. I want this feature to work, but it just doesnt... I found a post that suggested i add a media resource under announcement pointing to the system prompt Mobility_VMA and name my announcement that.. DONE, so i went into my remote destination and changed the profile from TIMER to USER CONTROL. my cell never rings now.. the second i change that profile to TIMER ucm will dial my cell and it rings... Switch back to USER CONTROL again never calls my remote destination cell... So i never even get to the point to press 1.. any ideas??

We are doing this in rls 8.62 with the CFNA timer, tested and set to pull the call back into local VM before the Cell VM can pick up. Most times we find that about 25 seconds on the CFNA timer is around the sweet spot, but + or - this for the various carrier idiosyncrasies. Use this in conjunction with about 19~22 secs on the SNR user timer

No, not as elegant a solution as what 9.x promises and won't stop the call from going into the cellular VM if the cell phone is shut off, but a means to an end.

Yes, you will probably have to play with these timers a little to find what works best for you.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back