Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNR External Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelainey

Technical User
Apr 28, 2010
CA
I have setup a remote destination profile and have added to DN's to it. The two DN's are associated with 5 or 6 different cell phones as remote destinations. I have a call handler in Unity for press 1 for daytime emergencies or 2 for evening emergencies. Depending on what they press, they will be routed to either one of the DN's in the in the remote destination profile. I want the mask to read 6593333 for daytime emergencies and 6594444 for evening emergencies so that people will know it's an emergency call. I have set the external mask to these numbers but it is still showing up as originating caller number and not the mask I have set it to. I know our Telco is not blocking this as I can set any phone's mask to whatever I want and this is what people will see.

What else would be needed for this to work?

There is a Service Parameter in CUCM "Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity:" you should set it to False and see if you get the behavior you want. Be careful it may break some other stuff.

I have solved the issue. I created a new CSS and PART. Then I made a route pattern with the new PART. Assigned the the new CSS and PART to the remote destination profile I created for this and everything is working as intended. I changed the mask on the route pattern to 6593333 instead of the remote destination profile's associated DN's. This is where I got confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back