Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNMP Question on Redhat 7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

taneujin

MIS
Aug 14, 2001
SG
I have just enabled snmp on my redhat. I would like to know how long it takes for snmp to collect data and how can I view this information?

hi,
All linux mechines are default SNMP enabled in the sense...u can use all the commands of snmp like snmpget, snmpwalk, snmpset, snmptrap, etc...u can say ur system is completely SNMP enabled then ur system should have a SNMP agent installed...Actually snmp demon won't collect any data...this demon can give information regarding ur system to some other agents(external)....when it got a snmpget request it will process the necessary oid's information and gives back...but it won't store any value with it...
if u could give me ur personal id i can give u a tutorial on SNMP..using which u can learn more...
thanks,
sireesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back