Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNMP Insight Manager Agents on DL140?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFinn

MIS
Aug 28, 2003
GB
Hello,

I can't get Insight Manager working to monitor a DL140, running Windows Server 2003.

-SNMP service is installed
-Community string is correct
-All other servers (DL380s) are reporting ok in Insight manager.

The only data that is picked up from the server by insight manager is the fact that it has two B57 NICs: the server is talking to insight manager running on a remote admin PC, but the agents aren't sending traps for events like disk space thresholds etc like the otehr servers.

Does the DL140 in fact support Insight manager/System management?

Thanks

BF

I'm guessing the DL140 (any Generation) doesn't support the Insight Agents.
If you go to HP.com, Software and Drivers, enter DL140 - G1, G2 or G3), no Proliant Support Packs (PSP) are listed - making me assume that they don't support the Insight Agents.

Like the damn swarms of ML110's that I support - no PSP - makes remote monitoring much harder!!!

Try downloading PSP 7.90 (if win2003), or 7.60 (I think) - if Win2000.
Run it, pray it doesn't kill you server, and pray it installs the management agents!

At worst, it should do nothing - but don't hold me responsible if it wrecks it!!!

Cheers, Mark

But to be sure, get a decent backup of your server first! Or test the install on a test server if you have one.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back