Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNMP and Ups's

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulV

MIS
Aug 12, 1999
US
Is there a product on the market that will monitor ups's on a network and notify via snmp, or any other means, when a ups is on battery or has a failure? I have numerous ups's attached to switches in remote locations through-out my network and would like to know when they have a problem. There are no workstations attached to these ups's. I know several brands of Ups's offer snmp cards but they all seem to need a pc attached to send notifications.<br>
<br>
Thank You in advance<br>
PaulV

check <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> - some of the newest APC SmartUPS products have 10BaseT jacks so they can issue SNMP warnings. <p>Fred Wagner<br><a href=mailto:frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us>frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Check sensorArray 2 from AKCP Inc ( This product is capable of checking the UPS status and alert you via Email and SNMP. You can manage this device from remote palce as well.

Alex

I suggest you to check again this products you mention; because for more that I try I coan not remember any SNMP card for UPS that needs to be attached to a PC (ussually they have a 10BT port).

Jose P. Mir
jpm@jpmir.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back