Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNMP Alert forwarding in CIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckman001

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
US
Does anyone have any experience forwarding CIM alerts from the CIM console to another device? I know you can easily set it up to email or page, but I can't find anything for forwarding the alarms to another console. Thanks.

Hi,

I don't understand why you would want to forward them. You can add several IP addresses to the SNMP configuration of the source server. This way your traps will be sent to multiple consoles/devices.

Sorry for the slow reply. I've been off sick for a few days. Anyways, I'm looking to forward CIM traps from an IPX network from the CIM console to a Tivoli Tec SNMP adaptor. This would be more convenient than updating the SNMP configs on multiple machines. I believe there is also an issue about IPX and Tivoli. I've read CIM7 can forward alerts to other devices but so far it seems older versions can only forward to email or pagers. There is also a CIM20.INI file I can use to have CIM call a custom program anytime it receives a trap but that seems kinda messy. Any one out there with any direction on this would be a great help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back