Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNMP administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

lluisjf

Instructor
Sep 27, 2001
ES
Hi!!

I would want to understand one of the most important issues about SNMP. I have already understood the monitoring concept because I have discovered and monitorized some nets. I don't know if I have a bad concept about administration (= change certain aspects of a machine remotely from a SNMP manager)

Can you tell which aspects can I change from a SNMP manager? Moreover, which machines can I change? I do these questions because I have not experienced any aspect of administration.

Thank you all

Hi,
I am not sure, what exactly you want to do .. but, as far as i understood from this, you are looking for some sort of configuration management say changing the sysname or syscontact sort of things. If you know the write community and if you are trying to set some parameters which are of syntax read-write, then you can otherwise .. no chance :)
What parameters you want to configure and how, better refer the corresponding mibs documentation and documentations provided by corresponding vendors.

hope, this will help you. If you are looking for something more, reply back to forum.

regards,
Mahesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back