Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sniffer Pro Trigger 4.70.533?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthijsNL

Technical User
Apr 24, 2006
NL
1. I want to capture every 20 minutes.
2. I want every capture saved in a different file.
3. I want to start at 6.00 and stop at 12.00
4. I want to use the default filter which captures
everything

Is this possible with Sniffer Pro triggering?

I don't know how to setup this trigger with Sniffer Pro?

I'm using 4.8x but I don't think anything is different in the trigger setup.

You don't mention how long you want each capture to run or how much data you want to capture. This could be interesting depending on the activity on the interface you capture.

2. I want every capture saved in a different file.
Make a copy of your "default" filter and go to define filter> buffer tab. Check the save to file on the capture and choose unique names.
3. I want to start at 6.00 and stop at 12.00
Define a trigger start and stop time. 6am, 12pm (6 hours) you will have a bunch of files or...

1. I want to capture every 20 minutes.
...Define a trigger start time and have the stop be 1200 seconds (20 minutes) and check the automatically re-start capture after stop. You will have to go

4. I want to use the default filter which captures
everything
See step 2

You may have to tinker to get things right. Let me know how it works.

Ok thank you!

I want every 20 minutes write the capture to disk. Start a new capture and save it again with a new filename etc. etc.

I know for sure 20 minutes is enough in respect with the captured data and buffering memory.

What do you want to achieve with this?
The reason why I ask; You will end up with 18 x 20meg capture files to go through...
What is your objective?
groeten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back