Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sniffer Gig "UltraBook" user guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaelon56

MIS
May 13, 2003
US
Does it even exist? I'm in the process of setting up a new notebook PC with Sniffer Pro Portable 4.75 and configuring it for use the the Sinffer UltraBook and the Gig PHY module with SX Gig GBIC's. I've done a few ATM book installs a year or two back but want to be sure this one is done correctly and "by the bok". That's the rub - there was no instal and configure guide included for the UltraBook. I did receive an ATMBook guide and also one for the WANBook. Tech Support can find no listing of such a document and I'm still waiting for Tier 3 support to confirm whether such a document even exists.

Have any of you seen this elusive document or in lieu of it, can you advise as to whether you know of any "gotcha's" I should watch out for on this install?

Owen O'Neill
Datacom Systems Inc.
Northeastern SE

I was able to log onto the NAI web site with my grant number and download the 'Snifferbook Ultra Installation and Operations Guide' from the Sniffer Pro 4.7.5 area.

The installation is similar to the WANBook/Snifferbook, which means it's pretty easy to get running.

Thanks for the update. I'm doing this for a customer and it was on a one-off DAF deal so we dont' currently have our own support number and I didn't have the customer's grant number handy. I was able to get a pdf of the guide sent to me by NAI Support. It amazes me that they send a Gig Ultrabook kit and ensure to include the install guide for WANbook and ATM book but leave out the book for the product being purchased!

Owen O'Neill
Datacom Systems Inc.
Northeastern SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back