Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sniffer Basic 4.5 & Win2K Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithFrench

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
GB
I am running Sniffer Basic V4.5 on a Win2K platform (SP2) with IE6 SP1. After installing Sniffer the pc suddenly reboots and then gets stuck in a reboot loop. Each time the BSOD reports "STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xBC15215C) Driver IRQ_NOT_LESSOR_EQUAL etc blaming sniffer.sys. I have not knowingly loaded the enhanced drivers for the NAI cards mentioned in the documentation, as I do not have any. Can anyone help please?

I have had things like this happen with MS service packs. In each case, reinstalling Sniffer corrected the problem which leads me to think it is a driver issue of some kind.. or a software module..etc.. As a sidebar, I've noticed a couple of problems with IE6 and SP1 on other things. Since Snifer relies heavily on the IE code, this is more then likely the problem.

MikeS
Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back