Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sniffer Basic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superbaker

IS-IT--Management
Jun 21, 2002
US
I have an old copy of sniffer basic 2.0. My boss wants me to install it and see if its what we are looking for before we go head and buy the new version. After i install it, i try to open it and an error comes up saying sniffer failed to open the selected adapter. It gives a list of possible reasons for this and the only one that applies to me is the one where it says, "the adapter installed is NDIS 2.0 or ODI driver" I really want to check this program out because i have heard a lot about it so i was hoping someone could give me a hand.

Thanks

Hi Superbaker,

Sniffer 2.0 is ancient, but I think I may have used it in my Windows 95 days. What operating system are you running?

J.

I am using nt4. I know its really ancient but they wont buy the new one so i have to work with what i got.

I'm sure Sniffer 2.0 will not work with Windows NT 4.0. If you really want to try Sniffer 2.0, install it on a Windows 95 PC. Hopefully you still have one lying around somewhere collecting dust. :)

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back