Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

snapview scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmccollum

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2006
US
We just purchased a new CX500 that's replacing two Netapp F840 filers. We have Solaris servers running Oracle 9i that will be the source LUNs and an E450 with a fibre HBA that will mount the snapshots for backup purposes.

Before we try to recreate the wheel with much foreseeable pain, I wanted to see if any of you guys could provide an example of the scripts needed to create the snapshots and then mount them on the alternate host for backups.

Thanks,

Don

I would recommend you ask EMC about Replication Manager/SE.

The scripting required will take you quite some time.

BTW...are you considering snaps or clones?

HTH...Dale

Well there's really no going back to the well to get the additional thousands it costs for replication manager. We already have the scripts to put the databases in hotbackup mode. It's just the snapview pieces we need.

We will be using snaps.

Thanks,

Don

From the machine with Navicli installed;

java -jar navicli.jar -User <username> -Password <pass> -Scope <0 for global or 1 for local -Address <ip of sp> snapview

there will be a list of commands from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back