Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snapshots running out of space

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbletech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2006
Hi All

Unfortunately we have an n5500 i.e. an IBM oemed netapp and thus no access to the now site :(

We've just gone to data ontap 5 and using snapmanager for exchange 3.2. Problem is that the filer seems to be calculating the space left on volumes incorrectly. We have one lun in a volume eg. 80GB lun, 100% snapshotting space allocated i.e. another 80GB and a bit extra say 30 GB - afraid I don't know the term for that. It looks like when calculating the space available for snapshots its looking at the 30 GB instead of the 80.

Anybody have any advice or doco links that don't need a netapp login? Thanks.

can you please post the output of :

snap reserve <name of your volume>
vol options <name of your volume>
df -r <name of your volume>

rgds,

R.

Ok you have a volume, and in that volume a LUN. THe volume will have a space reservation and the snap reserve could be handled a few different ways. You could have a snap reserve on the LUN or it could be free space in the volume.

Data Ontap 5 doesn't sound right. Current GD is 7.2.2. Might you mean Snapdrive 5.0? If so, why are you still using Snapmanager 3.2? 4.0 is current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back