Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snapshot Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLScholar

Programmer
Aug 21, 2002
GB
Hi,

According to here:

Snapshot viewer should work on windows 7. However i am getting this message:

config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Alot of stuff online says its a corruption in a system file ( Autoexec.nt,Command.com,Config.nt) however i have tried this on multiple PCs all with the same issue. It errors like this near the end of the insallation.

I am not sure what to do next. Advice please?

TIA

Dan

----------------------------------------

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra
----------------------------------------

Changes in Access 2010

I'm not sure of the significance of this as I don't know what version of Access you use, and I don't use Access.

"Snapshot file format

The ability to export a report as a snapshot file is not available in Access 2010. Alternatives to the snapshot file format, in which file formats preserve the layout and formatting of the original report, are .pdf and .xps file formats."

You mention that your error occurs near the end of an installation. Is that the install of Snapshot Viewer? If so, try right-clicking on the actual Setup.exe and selecting the "Run As Administrator" option? Do so even if your user is an Admin.

Are you a 64-bit machine? In Windows 7, 64-bit, there is no config.nt available (or Autoexec.nt, Command.com) since 64-bit Windows will not allow the running of 16-bit programs.

List of limitations in 64-Bit Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back