Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snapshot Report Converted to Acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrtaylor

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
Is it possible to convert a snapshot report generated by Access to Acrobat format so a user can download the report to his PDA?

Thanks,
Jackie [spineyes]

I use SnapShot(.snp) reports all the time and I don't believe you can change them to Acrobat format. There is no SaveAs option in the SnapShot Viewer when opening up a file for viewing and printing.

You can however print both formats out at the same time so that the data is the same. This doesn't help after the fact but it is something to think about for the future.

Bob Scriver

I don't know if this will help but, I have taken reports from various applications that don't allow the report to be saved as a Acrobat pdf file with in the application itself. You can print the document to Acrobat distiller or Acrobat PdfWriter. This will change the report into a pdf format. If this will help you any.
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

I have frequently "printed" a snapshot file to Acrobat Distiller as ittech73 suggests. It works fine. I have also created .pdf files directly from Access by printing to Distiller. I have never tried it, but you should be able to set Distiller up as the specific printer for your report, and then output it automatically as a .pdf from code.

Of course, you do need Distiller installed on the PC doing the conversion . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back