Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNAP Server Balking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2002
US
I'm not certain that this is the best forum to post this in: if not please let me know.

We have a SNAP 18000, just over 3 years old. We are using it as a 2.5 TB iSCSI drive attached to a server 2003 R2 SP2 box.

We've noticed slowness the past month or two when copying a lot of files over to it. A week ago it started failing to respond when employees had files open: testing shows that if we try to copy/move more than a hundred megs or two to it the problem occurs again.

The problem does NOT occur when copying to that servers C drive. The crossover cable between the SNAP and the Proliant was changed out: no change. Have rebooted both units: no change.

The warranty is gone, as is the company ( Overland bought SNAP from Adaptec and indicated no software support and no renewals of hardware support for prior units ).

When these problems occur there are NO entries in the Windows event logs. and no errors show on the SNAP.

With funds for hardware being practically non-existent I was wondering if anyone had run into this problem/has an idea on how to get it back to 'normal'?

Thank You

Paul

No, nothing in the SNAP interface that allows me to check the status of the iSCSI drive. The status does show as green, but nothing beyond that.

As I recall one had to be on the phone with Adaptec support to do things like that, and often had to have that tech into my PC via Webex to handle the command line actions.

I also don't think it's a file problem, but that's just a 'feeling'. :]

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back