Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap Server and NetVault Bakbone backup software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2005
GB
Dear all,

I hope this is the right forum for this question.

We currently have a Snap Server 12000 and we are purchasing a new tape drive that contains fully licensed BakBone NetVault WorkGroup Edition.

My question is will this backup software be compatible with my version of Snap Server/and if it is, what will I need to do to get the client installed on it?

Information seems to be very sparse out there.

I have the following info regarding our snap box:

Model Software Hardware Server # BIOS
12000 series 3.4.803 (UK) 4.0.0 601651 3.2.667

Framework VM
1.2 14.3

From that I would guess that we are running OS version 3.4.803 (though not totally sure).

I hope somebody can help.

Thanks in advance,

Karl

Go to and use their support page to look at the interoperability support matrix to make sure that your hardware and software has been tested with this product.

Your version of the Snap Server is not compatible with the Bakbone Netvault agent. The Snap Server 12000 uses the SnapOS which does not allow you to install backup agents. The Snap Server 14000 which is the linux based OS, depending on which Snap Server OS Version will come with Bakbone Netvault pre-installed. I believe that version of the Guardian OS is 3.0.

With a Snap Server 12000, to backup you will need to use a mapped drive from your windows server. That will be the best that you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back