Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap server 4500 command line access

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncan20

IS-IT--Management
Sep 1, 2004
GB
hi,

how do i access the command line interface on a snap server 4500?

i need to install the remote agent for backup exec (ive been given the linux agent for the snap server) and veritas have said to follow the instructions here which needs the CLI.

if anyone knows a better way then let me know! or if the windows remote agent would work with teh snap server - its a windows version (10) of backup exec i have on the backup server.

thanks

John

As an FYI the Snapserver Appliance has its own built backup program from BakBone called NetVault.

On another note, the admin guide has the procedure for installing third party backup agents.

Start with the "Preparing to install a third party application". It is on page 118 of 148

thanks.

what does netvault do? will it work with backup exec and my existing backup strategy?

John

Secondly, you have to enable SSH and again, follow the admin guide, to install backup agents and clients. The website will have a list of supported Backup Packages that are supported.

The Snap 4500 will have BakBone Netvault installed with a Workgroup License. It will not work with Backup Exec.

But you can install the Backup Exec agent. What version of Backup Exec are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back