Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap Server 4100 drive replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2002
US
I have a Snap Server M4100 and 1 drive died and I tried to replace with the same brand Quantum, make, size, and model. The drive I replace with is very close but not exactly the same drive. Anyway the Snap server saw the drive when I first installed it, and everything seemed fine. Then I configured a RAID 5 out of the 4 drives, and everything seemed fine until it rebooted at the end of the configuration, then the drive came up as being bad. I have switch the drive location with the same results so everything points to the drive as opposed to pointing to the Snap Server. The drive outside of the Snap Server seems fine, maybe it needs to be formatted with something special? Does anyone know of any propritary formatting that goes on the Snap drives? or what they may need to formatted as. I plan on pulling out a good drive and looking at it with partition magic, I have also heard hints that drives may only work if they have a certain range of Serial Nuimbers or Characteristics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back